Skolresa Danhostel Silkeborg
Hold Your Next School Camp at Danhostel Silkeborg
Would your school camp like to spend 2 - 4 days in scenic surroundings in the centre of Silkeborg? If yes, then choose us. We are right next to the Guden River (Gudenå) and the forest. From our rooms and our backyard, you will enjoy the views of boaters and kayakers as they sail by.
Our Danhostel has 26 rooms, most of which have private bathrooms. We offer free Wi-Fi, a TV lounge, an espresso machine, laundry facilities and free parking. Our backyard is perfect for outdoor activities. You can fish, sail or kayak from our private jetty. We also have several board games, boule, table tennis, football, basketball and volleyball. There is space for all in your school camp to meet, socialise or do group work.
Our kitchen serves versatile, exciting organic food, so eat your breakfast and make packed lunches (self-cater) from the menu available for school camps.
Activities close to our Danhostel are diverse. Go night running, use a nature guide, hike, ice skate, or swim in a pool close by. There are various museums within walking distance such as Aqua, Silkeborg Museum which features the Tollund man, and various art museums. Himmelbjerget, one of Denmark's highest points, as well as Labyrinthia (Land of Labyrinths and Mazes) and The Danish Museum of Energy (El Museum) are other popular attractions.
Here are some additional local pearls in Silkeborg:
-Pramdrager Path (Pramdragerstien): This is a fantastic nature trail along the Guden River (Gudenå) which goes north towards Randers. The path runs from Silkeborg to Svostrup and includes a 1 km wooden bridge which goes across the river. At the other end of the bridge, there is a table and a bench where all in your group can sit and enjoy nature and what’s in your picnic baskets. The trail has been renovated and is accessible 10 months out of the year.
-Sindbjerg and Stoubjerg are hill formations with meadows filled with heather-covered peaks.
- Schoubye lake: An artificial lake which is worth a visit
- Anton Rosen (The Spanish Consul) presents significant works of art designed by Silkeborg architects.
- The City’s brochure regarding its 10 highway bridges will provide interesting facts about Silkeborg’s highways. You can also view the designs.
- Gjessø Savværk - Kjellerupdalen. Visit the fantastic landscape and the tractor site.
- Knøsen VikiSilkeborg is a 129 m high hill in Rye Nørreskov. It has hairpin bends which takes you on an exciting tour through the forest.
- The lakes in the area are a must see.
- Badeanstalten are the last public baths in Denmark. Take a tour and learn the history behind the baths.
- The yellow route Nordskoven Silkeborg can be anywhere from 2 to 11 km, so prepare yourself for a long walk which will test your fitness.
Angela and Poul look forward to seeing you at Danhostel Silkeborg. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at +45 8682 3642 or email us at email@example.com.