DANHOSTEL’S COMMON GUIDELINES FOR THE HANDLING OF CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19
The safety of our guests and staff is important to us – and we will not compromise it. We are following the authorities’ guidelines so that you as a guest can feel safe in our hands.
Most Danhostels are open – and looking forward to welcoming you.
How we take care of you:
We keep our distance
- 4m2 per person in rooms
- We keep a distance of at least 2 metre
- 2 m2. per. person in the dining room, when its open
Rooms and common area:
- We ensure that cleaning is done in accordance with the authorities’ guidelines. In addition to regular cleaning after guests’ departure, we ensure regular disinfection of exposed surfaces and contact surfaces such as door handles, keys, key cards, card terminals and elevator buttons using antibacterial liquid.
- Our guests are welcome to bring their own bedding to most Danhostels and take it home with them after using it. If you rent bedding, you remove the bedding yourself after using it and return it in accordance with the place of accommodation's instructions.
- Hand sanitiser is available at reception, in common toilets and in eating areas.
Use of the guest kitchen:
- Use of the guest kitchen is at your own risk.
- The room must not contain any more people than is recommended by the authorities. Keep an eye on the place of accommodation’s instructions.
- We ensure that the guest kitchen is cleaned according to the authorities’ guidelines, and perform regular disinfection of exposed surfaces and contact surfaces and daily replacement of dishcloths and tea towels.
- You are welcome to bring your own tableware.
How we deal with a guest or employee showing symptoms of Covid-19
There are no rules if a hotel guest becomes ill on the premises. However, we have received some advice from the joint Danish authorities’ hotline.
If a guest experiences symptoms of Covid-19 during their stay, we urge that the guest isolates themself in their room and telephones a doctor and takes a test. The guest must isolate themself in their room until the test result is available.
The guest must stay away from common areas if there is suspicion that the guest is infected with Covid-19.
If the guest tests positive, they must leave the premises as soon as possible and isolate themself in their room until they can leave.
Since it can take up to 72 hours to get the test result, the host can, in consultation with the guest, assess whether the guest should check out.
If a guest has been ill on the premises, disinfect the room and replace the duvet and pillows.
If in doubt – please contact the joint Danish authorities’ hotline on +45 70 20 02 33.
If there are any suspected symptoms, even mild symptoms, the employee must not come to work, and if symptoms appear after arriving at work, the person must immediately leave the workplace.
If the employee has symptoms, they must stay at home until they have had no symptoms for 48 hours or tested negative, then work can be resumed.
In the event of infection, the ill person and the doctor in charge of treatment (possibly with the assistance of the contact tracking hotline) are required to identify close contacts, in accordance with the Danish Health Authority’s publication COVID-19: Til dig, der er en nær kontakt til en person, der er smittet med ny coronavirus.
- Most Danhostels serve breakfast. You might want to ask the Danhostel you’re booking accommodation with whether they serve breakfast – or get advice on alternative options.
- Some Danhostels make a breakfast tray which is eaten in the room or where the authorities recommend. The trays must subsequently be returned to the dining hall – or returned in accordance with the instructions of the place of accommodation.
- Some Danhostels prepare a buffet at which the staff hands out the food – while keeping an appropriate distance. In this case, you must observe the distance markings and the instructions of the place of accommodation.
- Some Danhostels have a buffet where guests help themselves to food. In this case, you must observe the distance markings and the instructions of the place of accommodation.
- We ensure enhanced cleaning in the dining area.
- Use of the common shower facilities is at your own risk.
- We ensure cleaning in accordance with the authorities’ guidelines and we regularly clean exposed surfaces and contact surfaces using disinfectant.
- You must make sure to use your own towel and take it to your room after use.
- All employees have received detailed information about CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19 as well as instructions based on the authorities’ recommendations.