Sally Due Sperling will be the new hostess at Danhostel Esbjerg on January 1, 2020. She will replace Marianne and Børge Bull who will say goodbye after 23 wonderful years as hosts at Danhostel Esbjerg. Sally is not a stranger to Danhostel as she is the current hostess at Danhostel Kolding and will say goodbye at the end of 2019.
Kolding is now part of UNESCO'S Creative Cities Network
Kolding has been designated UNESCO DESIGN CITY. It is the only Danish city to bear this title.
- The city has to have a design strategy
- There should be an independent design secretariat
- The city has hosted events of international calibre
- There is an educational environment around design and innovation
- Design processes are utilised in the development of the city
- Plans for the city include different activities which support design.
In the spring of 2019, the Danhostel brand published a manifesto and new strategy to implement the 17 UN Sustainable Goals over the coming years. Several Danhostels have already embraced many of the initiatives. Danhostel Ebeltoft has already implemented 4 of the 17 World Goals.